There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

master

Vinyl Plugsuit

My first purchase from MJtrends was this wine color stretch PVC! It was the perfect color to accent the navy blue 4-way stretch vinyl I had purchased at another location to make this suit. It was my first time working with vinyl and stretchy materials so I learned a lot; from putting tape on my presser foot to using small zig-zag stitches. 

Response by: KatieB, October 8th 2013 3:16:02 pm

Why did you put tape on the presser foot?  Was that to help it glide?  I haven't heard of that trick before, but I'll have to try it.

Great outfit by the way! 

Response by: scarletonthetile, October 8th 2013 4:54:15 pm

yes it really helps glide the fabric along! I also used tape instead of pins to keep the fabric together while sewing, but its good to unsticky the tape a bit with your fingers otherwise it may leave residue on your fabric. I just bought regular clear tape at CVS.

Response by: fksewblog, October 10th 2013 11:31:40 am

Thanks for sharing about the tape tip! And this is amazing! Good job!

Response by: Andre , October 20th 2013 11:41:19 am

Great looking suit. Made some pillow cases and a duvet cover. Used latex shine to get it going under the foot. Will try the tape next time.

Response by: Forrest, January 17th 2014 5:18:56 am

I'm wanting to make a latex catsuit, but was thinking about making one out of 4 way stretch vinyl 1st to see how it goes, is this a good idea, then I could use the vinyl catsuit for the pattern for the latex one. Can you just glue the vinyl together instead of sewing it also?

Response by: Andre , January 17th 2014 11:36:33 pm

You probably could but you wouldn't be able to clean the glue of the backing side so nicely if you made a mess as the glue will soak into it. It migh also tear at the seams if you glue the shiny sides together as it wil come of the backing