There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

Layering Latex

I am hoping to make something like this out of Latex. 

But I am not sure if I should make it one piece or make a leotard and then make leggings.
I am worried about the latex sticking to itself if I make it two pieces? (or being able to see the tights under the leotard)
I am worried the crotch area will become distorted with movement if I make it one piece. (The crotch will stretch towards whichever leg is farther away from a normal standing stance)
This is my first latex project so I am open to advice!
Thanks! :)

Response by: wowcow, November 9th 2013 12:30:03 pm

The simple answer is that you can make it either way depending on your personal preference.  Personally I would prefer to make it as a one piece suit (catsuit), but making a leotard and separate tights would be acceptable as well.

As a beginner making a leotard and separate tights would be much easier then making a catsuit.  As far as the tights showing through the leotard it would depend a  lot on the colors and thickness of the latex used.  One advantage to making two separate pieces is that you can make multiples of each in different colors and mix and match different colors on different days.

I would suggest checking out the Pattern School website, it is archived at http://web.archive.org/web/20130510014326/http://www.patternschool.com/   With the information on that website you can make a good fitting garments.  It is where I learned to make the patterns for my latex clothes.

Response by: Andre , January 16th 2014 10:49:53 am

The latex will not stick together if you use MJ's latex shine. I would make two pieces. It would be much simpler and then you could wear it seperately as well. The only part that would be visible would be the seams and then someone would have to stand farely close to you to see in any case. You should try wearing layers of latex. Its a lovely experience. I would make both items in 0.3mm latex. It will be very comfortable to wear then.

Response by: Tequila, January 16th 2014 1:57:08 pm

Thank you both so much for the responses!
I feel a lot more confident in tackling this project now! :)

Response by: Forrest, January 17th 2014 5:08:55 am

Is .20 to thin a latex to make panties or a tank top out of?

Response by: wowcow, January 17th 2014 8:28:37 am

No, you should be able to make it out of any thickness that you want to.  Just be really careful when you are putting it on or taking it off.

Response by: Forrest, January 17th 2014 12:11:56 pm

Thank you for the quick response. I want the panties to be comfortable as well as durable.

Response by: Andre , January 17th 2014 11:17:12 pm

0.2 mm Latex would make very comfortable panties but I would suggest you use a thicker material for the reinforcing strip seams. Aslo I would make the one around the waist at least an inch wide. Otherwise your panties will keep slipping off. Practice glueing 0.2 to 0.4 or 0.5 on a piece of scrap latex beacause its easier to glue the thinner one to the thicker on but in this case the thin one is the panty so it might feed a bit strange. Post a pic when your done.