There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

icon

Roller dispenser for ammonia-based adhesive

Last month I was getting a bit frustrated laying a smooth, uniform line of adhesive on some really thin sheet.  Possibly because I'd had a bit too much coffee, but I just couldn't keep an even spread without wrinkling the sheet.

Then I remembered an anicent bottle of glue I had for paper crafts that has a rubber roller on top, so you basically draw a smooth, continuous line of glue.  Hadn't used it in years but it was still in the closet, so I washed it out, loaded it with MJ Trends ammonia-based adhesive, and gave it a try.

Perfect lines of glue, like drawing with a big roller pen, way faster than any brush or spreader I've ever used.

Unfortunately, it appears to have been discontinued in the U.S. market, but there's still an eBay seller in the UK who sells Pentel Roll'n Glue to the U.S. market.

You can buy a professional tool like this for doing pinstripe painting, but a good tool with a 1/4" roller width is $60+, and this is just a $5 bottle of glue.

Response by: mythicalgriffons@hotmail.com, November 13th 2015 8:02:11 am

That was a really good idea, my only question is it looks like there is a bit excess on the far off edge of the glue line did you find any problems with it?

Response by: JP, November 13th 2015 9:00:56 pm

It only does that if you don't keep the bottle straight.  Once I figured it out, the glue went on very evenly and made very smooth seams, even on 0.2 mm sheet.

Response by: mythicalgriffons@hotmail.com, November 14th 2015 11:51:36 pm

Awesome

Response by: shinyskintight, November 24th 2015 12:37:32 pm

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Defineitly looking into getting one of those :)