There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

icon

PVC Holiday Stockings

The holidays are among us again!

And this year I made some more PVC stockings to hang over the mantle at Xmas.

I went with a more traditional style and a variety of colors than the ones I made before. 

One thing I learned from the previous ones I made is that the hook loop they hang from needed to be reinforced as the PVC did stretch when the presents starting filling it up. So this year I reinforced the loops with twill tape and doubled the PVC over and top-stitched.

Happy Holidays!!

Cheers,

Shiny

Response by: shinyskintight, November 24th 2015 2:34:53 pm

Oops... forgot to add this one to the last post. I do like the white and black color scheme the most out all of them :)  Happy Holidays!

Response by: DCRubberGuy, December 23rd 2015 2:47:27 am

Hmm, these are pretty cool! I may have to undertake a project like this for next year, but in Rubber sheeting.

Response by: shinyskintight, December 23rd 2015 7:09:22 pm

Thanks DCRG! 

I tried to do one with latex first but had a hard time making the curve around the toe and heal look good. It was getting pinched up. It's comparable to making a chin piece on a hood because of the size. I'm not experienced enough to make a hood yet so probably why I couldn't do this. Still working on it tho. So I hope to do the same next year as well :)

Cheers,

Shiny

Response by: DCRubberGuy, December 23rd 2015 7:48:56 pm

Yes, those tight curves are tricky. I've made a few hoods with varying degrees of success. But once they are on, they stretch over face/chin etc and smooth out. But I guess with a stocking you'd really have to fill it snug for the same effect.