There no items in your cart.
Checkout
MJTRENDS

Writing on Latex

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had success writing (permanently) on latex with a pen/marker/etc.  It seems most of the markers I try (even permanent) begin to rub off or fade away.

Do you know of anything that is truly permanent?

Thanks!

Matthew R. van der Ploeg

Response by: Ry, October 26th 2010 6:27:17 am

I've used a Sharpie brand permanent marker to write on latex and it's been 3 years and my design hasn't faded.  Granted I don't scrub it, but I do rinse it in water after wearing and haven't had any trouble. 

Response by: Matthew Vander Ploeg, October 31st 2010 12:44:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Susan... when I try a sharpie marker on the latex I'm using (.50mm from MJTrends), it still can be rubbed away leaving a faded mark/image.  Any ideas why it might not be working as well?

I even tried a Sharpie "professional" marker which is supposed to be good on non-porous surfaces.  I've been letting it dry for +/- 12 hours before touching it... not sure if that affects the permanence of the mark.

Thanks for any additional help!

Response by: Michael, November 10th 2010 12:19:26 pm

Honestly I didn\'t test the area.  I just tried to be as gentle as possible.  It may take a couple days to fully cure - I would give it plenty of time and see what happens.

Response by: Babylatex, June 21st 2011 12:22:19 pm

I use STAEDTLER permanent lumocolor Art 318-3

S&A

Response by: Andre , November 2nd 2014 8:10:51 am

You must have seen pictures printed on latex balloons. They print on it with latex paint. I haven't tried it myself but you might want to try Liquid latex and see if it holds up. Have seen some internet shops sell liquid latex in many different colours.

Response by: LeoLabsLatex, January 5th 2024 3:57:13 am

Acrylic paints should last "forever" there are even some targeted at porous material like latex and/or leather.  You can get acrylic paint marker pens or liquid bottles.